Jan 16 2008
Back in December I wrote about my recent experiences with Spock. Full Circle Associates » Dislikeing Spock Even More (Oh jeeze, I love that I made a type on the title. I’ll have to go back and fix that.
I have not gone back to see what people wrote about me. I asked to be unsubscribed from their emails. And look what I get. Oi vey! Here is the email from Spock telling me I have been deleted. But look at the REASON! I am a VIOLATOR of their guidelines (but no specificity of what exactly)!! This is interesting because I’ve done nothing on the site. And I wonder who the “Spock users” are who “flagged” me. Sigh. This is a complicated world and we try and do interesting things (including Spock) and look what it gets us.
From: Spock Team
Subject: Your user account has been removed
Spock users have flagged and deleted your account. This could occur for a number of reasons including:
- Impersonating another person
- Using a fake name or identity
- Inappropriate behavior
- Presenting private information
For more information please visit our community guidelines.
If you believe that an error has occurred please contact us at email@example.com.
Unsubscribe: (link deleted)
Hm, considering I asked them in December to delete my account, I find this strange. Here is the email I sent them December 17th:
1. Please do not send me any more requests from “trusted contacts wanting to invite me to spock.” As it turns out, many of them did not understand your invite process and were embarrassed that mail was sent on their behalf. Your invite process leads a person to believe that if they found a friend in search, that meant they were members. In fact it only means you have indexed them.
2. Please delete my account – you seemed to have created one and sent me a password despite the fact that I did not request one. I do not want an account. I do not want to appear as if I am a member.
3. No, I do not want to log in to change my email settings because I do not want an account. Please, allow me to opt out without having to join your service.
Uh, I continued to get requests from “trusted associates. I never heard from Spock. Here is my latest response to them:
Subject: Fwd: Your user account has been removed
1. I asked for my account to be removed in an email to you on Dec 17th, 2007. Happy to forward it to you if you lost your copy.
2. I have not been on the site since then, so whomever is violating your community guidelines, it is not me. I’d appreciate it if you would look into your system that sends emails to people who don’t use your system accusing them of misusing your system. I know you are working out the bugs.
Will that be the end of it? I hope so.