Nov 17 2007
I have written pieces that have appeared in a variety of publications. Here are some examples of that work.
- Digital Habitats: stewarding technology for communities of practice, Etienne Wenger, Nancy White and John D. Smith, CPSquare, 2009
- Chapter Co-Author on Online Environments for change methods in The Change Handbook, 2nd Edition (2006)
- Article contributor to “Encyclopedia of Virtual Communities and Technologies” (2005)
- Click, Connect and Coalesce, book chapter in Knowledge Networks: Innovation through Communities of Practice (2004)
- Co-Author of OTiS book chapter on intercultural issues in in the Online Tutoring e-book (2002)
- ILAC Brief on Collaborative Environments, Simone Staiger, Peter Shelton, Petr Kosina and Nancy White, CGIAR ILAC (2009)
- Communities of practice: linking knowledge, policy and practice, Simon Hearn and Nancy White, ODI, 2009
- The Culture of Collaboration, Shawn Callahan, Nancy White and Mark Schenk, Inside Knowledge, 2008 (3 parts, part 1 here, part 2 available here, part 3 here.)
- Building a Collaborative Workplace, Shawn Callahan, Nancy White and Mark Schenk, 2008.
- From Workplace Courses to Global Conversations, Nancy White and Josien Kapma, from the Dutch publication, “Leren in Organisaties”(2008)
- Editorial: Stewarding technologies for collaboration, community building and knowledge sharing in development. Nancy White, Beth Kanter, Partha Sarker, Oreoluwa Somolu, Beverly Trayner, Brenda Zulu, Lucie Lamoureux. KM4Dev Journal, Vol 3, No 1 (2007)
- Technology stewardship in the face of a crisis. An interview with Dina Mehta ABSTRACT PDF. KM4Dev Journal, Vol 3, No 1 (2007)>. Beth Kanter, Nancy White
- “Blogs and Communities” Knowledge Tree, Australia, Edublog award winner (2006)
- White, N. and S. Kimmerle. 2005. Little steps to lofty goals: keys to successful community learning for civil society development. KM4D Journal 1(1): 23-40 www.km4dev.org/journal
- Updated Regularly – Online Community Toolkit A series of articles on building and maintaining online communities. This is where to find articles from 1998-2007.
- Networks, Groups and Catalysts: The Sweet Spot for Forming Online Learning Communities
- Healing Disrupted Networks
- Visual Facilitation: Can Images Help Us Facilitate?
- Tool Tour and Online Interaction Tools Resource Sheet
- Teleconference Call Facilitation Tips
- Considerations for Building Online Connections
- Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM!)Putting the human voice back in our communications efforts. (1999)
- Connecting: The Promise of Interactive Websites and Online Community
Some musings on online community and the potential for effective person-to-person connections on the Internet. Includes a short discussion on interactive on-line tools. (1999)
- Effective Language for Discussing Early Childhood Education and Policy The Benton Foundation/Policy Center at the University of Washington/Full Circle Associates (contributed the fourth section of this report). A collection of research that can inform the communications strategies of child advocates who are engaged in the struggle to gain support for early childhood education programs and improved public policy. The report brings together public opinion data, research in the area of cognitive linguistics, and focus group results to give advocates tools and resources to reframe the public discussion on early childhood education. SKU: 90031 Pages: 43 pages Published: 1998. PDF now available on the site (3/00)
- A Spin Around the Circle:Reflections on Building a Knowledge Ecology Workgroup An article from KE News published by Community Intelligence Labs. And in case you are wondering, the picture is of me hanging spoons on my face. (1998)
- The Challenge of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: Overcoming Secondary Disabilities – Book Review From the Iceberg FAS newsletter (1998)
- Mapping Life in the FAS World: The paths of Marceil Ten Eyck
From the Iceberg FAS newsletter (1997)
- Michael Dorris: A Messenger of Hope, Prevention
From the Iceberg FAS newsletter (1997)